Dear Billie,
I hope you'll feel free to open up -- the listmembers are a very
understanding and knowledgeable bunch, and usually have answers to most
anything.

> Restarted in about 10 days and added sinemet.My system could not
> tolerate sinemet(vomiting,rapid weight loss); switched to parlodel
> (small dosage).So far so good..now up to 1/day and will increase dosage
> next week.

As long as you're doing well with parlodel, that's fine; however, there
are some solutions that work for most people:

1) Try taking Sinemet with a few graham crackers and some ginger ale or
crystallized ginger. these can help settle the stomach without
interfering with Sinemet absorption
2) If that doesn't work, you can take Sinemet with meals for a few
weeks. This WILL block Sinemet absorption, but your system should
gradually adjust, and the nausea will fade away in time. Then you can
begin taking Sinemet 30 minutes before meals for good absorption.
3) If the nausea/vomiting is intractable, your physician can prescribe
Lodosyn (carbidopa) temporarily. this works for most people.

It's possible that Sinemet would bring you better results than Parlodel.

> Right now am having problems with:
> slow moving & eating,

Slow eating is not uncommon; try eating several snacks throughout the
day, so you don't lose weight.

> swallowing, excess saliva, no taste,

Swallowing problems are also very common. Your doctor should order a
visit to a speech/language pathologist, who can show you safe swallowing
techniques that prevent choking. Excess saliva can result from
difficulty swallowing, or forgetting to swallow; especially if you lean
your head forward often. Again, an SLP can help.

> Don't know much about PD but want to learn all I can. Enjoy reading your
> messages.  Let me hear from yawl now.

Others can help you with the other conditions you mention much better
than I. I'm glad you joined the list.
Best regards,
Kathrynne

--