Hello.

I am new to this list.  I am a grad student in Speech Pathology.  My
grandfather has Parkinson's and that is how I found my way into my field
of study.

I am currently helping a Parkinson's client in the clinic at my
university.  She is having trouble speaking with volume; she whispers
everything.  She has days were she is more audible than others, but she
is having more and more inaudible days.  Her speech rate is normal and
understandable, but it is frustrating to my client and her caregivers
that no one can hear her.  She knows she is speaking with low intensity.

Can anyone relate to this sort of experience?  What help was available
to you?  My supervisor has recommended that we look into amplification
devices for her.  I am curious to know if vocal exercises might help.
Any feedback will be most appreciated.

Lesley