Hi Brian ,

I have some questions :

Brian Collins wrote:

>  I have always felt a little sensitive about the fact that my Model
> defines dyskinesia as being the result of the Dopamine level exceeding
> a critical value, and perhaps getting to synapses which were not the
> original target, thus sending the electrical message to the wrong muscles.
>
> My point is that I can produce plausible explanations for most of the
> phenomena which we associate with dyskinesias (including the dreaded
> Di-phasic Dyskinesia)

How to explain the fact that in SOME well done Pallidoctomy (destrying some
brain cells and neurons) there happens a elimination of the tremors and a
reduction or even the elimination of the need of  taking levodopa ??

>   I am beginning to wonder..... You know the old saying:
>
>      If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like as duck,
>      and lays eggs, then maybe, just maybe, it IS a duck.

BTW do you know what looks like a lion, walks like a lion, roars like a lion
and does not lay eggs like a lion , but is NOT a lion ??       :-)

 Cheers,
--
   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+