Well here is the update to all on Carmel

Saw a new primary care physician. I provided her with detailed medical
history including what was done and not done in the hospital. I also
included all BP readings and how her previous doctor and staff had
treated us ( refusing to return phone calls , overmedicaing her(IMHO)
etc).

The doctor was very thorough and is checking everything - will do
another MRI to verify status of hydrocephalus, did a complete neuro
check  reviewed her medications and not only agrees that there is NO
EVIDENCE of Parkinson's - also agreed that she does not need the
parkinson's meds!!!!!!!!!!!  Yea!!!!!

Carm's gait is normal, no shuffling and there are no tremors and she has
been off the medication for over a week. If she had parkinson's the s/s
would have reappeared. She is getting a referral to a neurologist (for
the hydrocephalus)  as well as orthopedic ( unrelated knee problem).

She had blood work done and we hope to get the MRI done this afternoon.
We will stop by the hospital and get the x ray films for comparision.

Her impression is that the thyroid medication is wrong and no lab
evaluation has been done since the hospital ( no follow up by PCP)  The
Provochol could have cause her elevated CK levels in the hospital as
well as the brusing from the fall. (But I was told they didn't know why
it was so high and she couldn't be moved to skilled nursing because it
was too high- but she could be sent home.)

We are starting a new blood pressure med. Stopping the Pravachol until
labs are evaluated. Getting the MRI, and the Parkinson's meds are not to
be restarted - she saw no symptoms of the disease. We hope to get a
referral to the neurologist in the next week.

I guess we won't be the ones to "pay the price for stopping the
medication." (quoted threat by the PCP husband, who is the office
manager,(??)  who refused to allow us to talk to the doctor and who
became verbally abusive on the phone) - the attending in the hospital
who stopped all her meds , the neurologist who diagnosed the Parkinson's
and her PCP who demanded that the Parkinson's meds be given even though
she has not seen Carmel since December  and refused to listen to us as
well as Nylcare who refused the referral to the out of network
neurologist,  will be paying the price if our attorney thinks we have a
case. I think it is just a common practice to do the least possible for
the elderly and overmedication is common also. It shouldn't be that way.
The elderly are people too and deserve good care. I expected that kind
of care for Carm and was labeled as difficult and too demanding - oh
well- if that is what it takes- I can get very demanding!

Any comments appreciated.

Leslie and Bill