That sounds real reasonable.  If you think about it, did our mothers worry about
ecoli bacteria or salmonilla (sp?) poisoning?  I think we are exposed to alot
more toxins than our parents were.  I also mentioned in another post that I read
that some people think that there could be a genetic predisposition to such
chemicals.  that also seems reasonable to me.  I have wondered about that anyway
when you see someone who doesn't smoke or drink and is real healthy die of lung
cancer and someone who smokes and drinks lives to be in thier 90's and dies of
old age.  I have seen just such things happen in my family.
You are right that it does no good to dwell on the cause, but one cant help but
wonder.
Jennifer