Very interesting, John,
Thank you for providing so much information.  by the way, I was living in the San
Fernando valley, Los Angeles area when JFK was shot in Dallas.  Dont know if the
fallout from open air testing got that far but I remember many days when we had
smog alerts and were not supposed to go outside to play.  I also remember when
they sprayed for those flies (I cant remember what they were called) but they were
getting into the fruit. We were told to cover our cars because the pestitcides
would eat the paint job right off the car, but....it was safe for humans and
animals.  Right!
Jennifer