Dear Jennifer and Hilary:

This is just to minimize your apprehension of chemically induced PD.  I
was a research chemist in various laboratories after receiving my
degree.  I have been exposed to a great many chemical substances ranging
from a great many solvents from hydrocarbons to chlorinated and sulfated
and hydroxylated to polly wolly glycol and all kinds of chemicals
encountered in an analytical laboratory including fertilizers, polymers,
naval stores, and all sorts of antibiotics.
In all my years in the lab, I have never met or become aware of any one
becoming afflicted with Parkinson. I have had mishaps with different
solvents like burning my eyes with boiling chloroform, but none of my
medical problems are due to exposure to various chemicals.
So, be at ease, and think of how you can better 'seize the day' and
enjoy whatever you still can.
Love
Michel Margosis