-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: update
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 15:27:04 -0600
From: "Charles T. Meyer, M.D." <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

Leslie,

While I often defend physicians here on the list and try to help
listmembers see things from the MD perspective,  the behavior you
describe is insensitive to the needs of the patient and family as well
as- again from your descriptions-  incompetent and irresponsible.  By
all means report it for investigation by the State Medical Licensure
Board and at least talk to an attorney.  A good physician should be
willing to explain the reasons for what he or she is doing without
feeling threatened.

Your mother-in-law is lucky to have someone looking out after her that
is willing to question as well as listen and who uses such good
judgment.

Charlie

--
Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.