Sharon and Joan,
I know what you mean about "terribly painful" leg cramps. About three
years ago there was a thread on "leg cramps/vitamin E" and someone had a
a program to start off with a mega dose the first night and gradually
reduce it every night thereafter. If you are familiar with how to use
the Archives, I'm not, but I am sure the thread is there some where.
Maybe someone else could help. Anyway I followed the program and the leg
cramps went away after the second or third night. Now I still get minor
cramps about every two or three months and I just take about 600 to 800
IU's one night and the cramps are gone for two or three months again.
Check it out it may be worth a try.

     ~  Bob Chapman        66 now/61 dx/50 onset     ~
     ~  Location           California Desert         ~
     ~  Personal E-mail    <[log in to unmask]>          ~
     ~  Parkinson's E-mail <[log in to unmask]>  ~

>Date:  Wed, 17 Feb 1999 21:22:38 -0700
>From:  Sharon Starr <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: Leg cramps & wear off shaking
>To:    [log in to unmask]
>
>My Mother has terribly painful cramps in her calves during hard
tremors.
>Benedryl has given her some relief and is relatively safe. Walking
seems to
>help some, too.
>Sharon Starr, Daughter and CG for Rae  75/50/45  (age now/age dx/age
first
>symptoms)
>Florence,  AZ           [log in to unmask]

>>Have just become a member and am overwhelmed with mail.  I find it all
so
>>important to read I haven't been able to ask questions.  I'm a
caregiver
>and
>>two immediate helps I need are:
>>
>>        l.  My husband has severe cramps in his legs - thighs & calf.
Dr.