hi all

At 13:26 1999/02/18 -0500, lisa wrote:
>hi guys, what a month it's been.  I was off line for 2 weeks and came baCK
>TO 849 MESSAGES, YIKES.
>
> anyone have any words of advice or encouragent for me?
>I had a full blown breakdown , went over the edge and lost control  why?

holy moly, lisa!

you ask WHY??
are you not allowed to 'lose control'?

i suspect that 'having a full blown breakdown'
might be a means of unloading tension, pain, stress, anger, grief
it might be a safety valve
it might be something to be grateful for

the fact that you are back here reaching out asking and sharing
speaks loud and clear to me of your strength
and the start of your road to recovery

>my dad's struggle with cancer
>my impending divorce and subsequent loss of home and property not to
>mention husband. (who now has a new girl friend)
>getting dumped by current ( I was in deep love) boyfriend.
>deep financial problems,
>my own physical and dental  and mental health.( I lost 8 lbs, i'm pretty
>skinny)
>a terminated pregnancy.
>feelings of loss, failure and sadness.
>i lost it, and now, 3 weeks later, I can almost make it through the day
>with out crying.
>I said and did some very crazy things that I regret, but too late now.

the regret is the key
the crazy things don't matter one whit no more

>Now On top of it all, It took 3 days of phone calls to get some permax(
>after it had already been ordered twice, supposedly) on tuesday i felt like
>I just couldnt handle it anymore.  How much can one person take at one
>time.

yikes!
this is almost funny!
with all you've been through
suddenly a prescription  goof-up
is more than you can handle!!??!! duh!!!

i'm not laughing at you lisa i'm laughing with you
monty python would have a great time with this one

in the [approximate] words of the king:
you can knock me down stomp on my face
scandal my name all over the place
you can do anything that you want to do
but uh uh honey lay offa my shoes
don't you step on my blue suede shoes!

>I've been praying and reading and trying to see the beauty
>in life, but I just dont have a whole lot of positive energy
>to muster up right now....
>please, please any words of encourgement, directions to good websites,
>quotes, that anyone can share.

my dear lisa
you've been through so much
but the key here is
you got through

your message is, in and of itself,
the best example of courage and hope and spunkiness
i have seen in a long time

love

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada
<http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm>