Hello everyone.

My name is Richard Klemmer.  My father was diagnosed with Parkinson's in
December of 1996.  My Mother is his primary care giver, although they have
moved in with my brother and myself.

My father is 67, he was diagnosed at age 65.  It is hard to say when his
symptoms first appeared.  He has had knee problems, and severe arthritis,
for many years.  We believe that this, and lack of knowledge about
Parkinson's, kept us from realizing what was happening.  It wasn't until he
started exhibiting signs of dementia that we started looking into reasons
for his symptoms.

I joined this list a week ago, and have tried to monitor what's been going
on, so I can get a feel for the type of discussions that are typical.  I've
also done some searching on the archives for some of the issues that are
concerning us the most.  I'll try to find answers there before asking
questions.

I am truly amazed at the amount of knowledge, experience and expertise
there is on this list.  It makes me feel ignorant in comparison. :-)

About myself.  I'm 32, I work as a computer programmer for the U.S. Dept.
of Agriculture during the day, and help out my Brother with his Business in
the evenings and weekends.  Luckily, most of that work I can do from home.

Anyway, I'm sure this is more than enough information for now.  :-)

--
Richard R. Klemmer
http://www.webtrek.com