Although I find the subject of the causes of PD fasciating, and it
has practical applications, since it would provide the key to
protection against PD, I find I'm way out of my depth in trying to
understand, much less evaluate and compare, the Jenner/Marsden/
Olanow et. al. mainstream research theory of a combination of unknown
genetic and/or environmental factors vs. the Tanner environmental
causes theory vs. the Prusiner prion theory vs. the Suzman virus
theory.  (Are there any more?)  There is a knowledge gap between what
is going on in research today compared to what the PWP like me who is
trying to follow it all is able to comprehend. I run up against
unfamiliar terms such as alpha-synuclein, reactive quinones, Complex
I activity of the mitochondrial respiratory chain, microglia, etc.,
etc.  How am I to comprehend the operation of causes, whetever they
might be?  And what of those lucky people who are exposed to the same
causes who never develop the disease?  Right now I feel capable of
joining the conversation about constipation.  Maybe.

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ
age 61/dx 1990