CAmillla wrote:

HI--- I friend called to tell me that ABC news had a piece on PD "right now
"--on the morning national news. I missed the actual beginning, but it was
a very good piece about DBS, and included an example of how the "new" (in
the US) sub-thalamic DBS was used to help PWPs with rigidity and slowness,
not just tremor.  I wonder if others saw it, and whether they said if it is
yet approved in the US by the FDA?
This is pne surgery that would help folks like Peter, whose problem is not
tremor!

Yes, Camilla, I saw it and it is the first time I have heard anything that
would help Ted, whose problem is slowness and balance which keeps getting
worse.  As I heard them, the deeper probe (can't remember the name of the
location) is just now being experimented with while the other one is approved.
I have hopes but afraid to hope too much.  In addition, for us anyway, the MRI
could be a problem since he has a defibrillator for the heart.  At any rate,
it sounds hopeful .... we can pray.  I hope to look it up on the ABC web site
and thank them and perhaps ask some questions.

Virginia Christiansen
White Plains, NY