Hello Alastair and friends ,

Alastair Wyse wrote:

> IT is an interesting idea  that pallidotomy is the cutting of a
> overactive movement feedback loop . It might explain PD freezing as
> an overactive feedback .
>   However feedback loops are designed to increase control . So the
> destruction of a feed back control  would naturaly result in less
> control  . I do not think this is the case in pallidotomy . If you
> are saying that the amplitude/volume of the feedback is being reduced
> by pallidotomy . Then it is difficult to understand  how pallidotomy
> reduces and does not cut off the feedback .

Suppose that a MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) , a special kind of Tomography ,
were done BEFORE and then AFTER the Pallidotomy surgical act .

I am under impression that some explanation may derive from such a research .It
would show any modification of the flux in the area of activities inside the brain
(before compared with the after). Does someone in the list knows that this has
already been done ?

Best ,

   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+