                Debbie,

                I highly recommend Drs. Jacques and  Kopyov at Good Samaritan Hospital.
They did bpt  did both of my bilateral pallidotomies and I've been very
pleased with them -- and the        the whole surgical team--in all respects.
I also know several other PWP's      whoho   who have had surgery with Drs
J&K, with good results .  They have a very active neur      neurosurgery
program that includes performance of and research into,
i              in addition to palllidotomy, thallidotomy, brain tissue
transplantation, .and       a                            n            DBS.  In
fact, they are one of the few places right now that have been             over
approved to do sub-thalamic DBS surgery on an experimental basis,  Sub-
             thalamic DBS is the hottest thing to hit neurosurgery for PD in a
while and it's
             currently available in Europe but not in the U.S.  I can't say
enough good things
              about Drs. J&K and the Good Sam program and I strongly urge you
to call them.      them. (no,this is not a paid ad--just a satisfied
customer).  I also share your
              reservations about Dr. Iacona and, in my opinion, USC doesn't
have a long                                      a long    enough track record
in doing surgery for PD.  Good luck and let me know if I
             can answer any other questions.
              Marty Polonsky

 about

.