Dear Listmembers,
Just wanted to give a report on my appt. with the new neuro at Emory,
Univ.
Well, I had my appt yesterday.  Very nice young doctor.  She asked me a
lot of questions and basically got a pretty good picture of the whole
story.  I was originally going to keep things pretty quiet about what
came before, but as we progressed I could see that she really needed to
see the whole picture to deal with my case accurately and she seemed to
be very open minded.  She seemed truly sympathetic that I had been
through the psychiatric wringer.  She was also very suprised at the
symptoms I had experienced.  She wants to get me off  Klonopin, and has
prescribed Remeron to try to restore some normalicy to my sleep pattern
and help with depression.  She is consulting with her collegues about
the possibility of doing a pet scan, whether or not it would be helpful
to them.  She is leaning  a little toward the idea of drug induced
parkinsons.  If that were the case (and I truly hope it is) the symptoms
would eventually disappear.  But, at the moment, she is looking into the
pet scan and giving me 8 weeks to get the full benefit of the medication
changes and then I go back having stopped the Sinemet the night before
so she can see me in the off mode.  I felt pretty good about the appt.
I was a little disappointed that there were no ready answers, but I
guess I should have expected that.  I was relieved that she didn't take
the events of the past and make a quick judgement based upon them.  I do
wonder, however, how her opinion might get altered as a result of
consulting with her collegues.  I hope that doesn't happen.  Her exam
revealed that my left foot has begun to turn inward.  She thinks it
could be a side effect to the Sinemet.  She didn't change my dose,
though, mainly because of changing the other meds.  Didn't want to
change too much too fast.  I would be most interested to hear your
thoughts on all this.  And thanks again to all of you who were so
helpful in getting me prepared for this.  I got a lot of great advice
and feel that I went into this well prepared.  I would especially like
to hear from Charlie since we have discussed my case in the past.
Jennifer Smith