double a enterprises wrote:

> Richard,
> I wouldn't call what I have dementia, but I have a very hard time speaking
> coherently when I'm going off medication, and/or stressed or tired.  I'll
> know what/who I'm trying to say, but the words won't come.  Extremely
> frustrating and depressing.  Weirdly, (is that a word?) I can usually type
> OK, if I can get my fingers to work.  You might check and try to find out if
> your dad is understanding, but not able to respond.
> bob

He does seem to be able to understand just about everything.  He does
have a problem responding.  Sometimes he seems to be really trying to
come up with the words, like he knows what he wants to say, but can't
get it out.

Often, when he is asked a question, he will just repeat what is said to
him.  Sometimes it has the same inflection, as if he's asking the same
question, sometimes the inflection sounds like he is responding in the
affirmative.

He does about the same writing.  He hasn't tried typing.

The only thing we can think of that was different when he was more
coherent last weekend, was that he was off his feet.  He didn't get much
feet, but he was lying down most of the time.

I still think that the medication may have something to do with it.
Although there doesn't appear to be a time of the day when there is a
difference.

--
Richard R. Klemmer
WebTrek L.L.C.