In a message dated 2/20/99 1:54:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask]  <Alastar> writes:

<< Scans showing the pattern of blood flow in the brain before and after
 Pallidotomy are different have have already been done  . The
 difference was considerable . IT affected the whole brain not just
 the the pallidus . >>

Thank you for the r's'p and the A & P lesson.  As a physical scientist, I am
afraid that my education was typical of the compartmentalization of science.
On the way to a doctorate in Physics the only Biology course I had was from a
History major in High School.  In addition as a HS male I was more interested
in the "raging hormone" aspect of Biology, cf. the brain function which was
only peripheral to our more pressing interest.  Right now I am getting ready
for the start of our Spring semester and will not be able to done the remedial
Biol. needed to pursue this.  I am going to save your and Joao"s posts and try
to get back to it during Spring break in April or during the Summer.  I'm only
three and a half years from retirement and perhaps this might be a good hobby
or a new field to explore.

Phil, CG for wife Carol 62,15