Hi Alastair and Philip ,

Good news then . These scan patterns may be an evidence that it is NOT the lack of
dopamine responsible for a better flux (activities) distribution in the brain and
having as consequence the reduction and even the elimination of the PD symptoms .

Another consideration to take in account concerned with the use of levodopa ( aiming
his transformation in dopamine ) is the fact that some drugs such as morphine ( used
to reduce and even eliminate pains caused in some cancers for instance ) looses
gradually their effect and demand to raise the intake of the drug continuously up to
a situation where bad side effects have to limit this continuous increase of the
drug.

So it seems that for some drugs - that do act in the brain - there is a reaction by
the whole system by getting  used to them and diminishing their initial strong
effects (as time goes by with the continuous intake) .

Alastair Wyse wrote:

>  HI Joao

> > I am under impression that some explanation may derive from such a
> > research .It would show any modification of the flux in the area of
> > activities inside the brain (before compared with the after). Does
> > someone in the list knows that this has already been done ?
>
> Scans showing the pattern  of blood flow in the brain before and after
> Pallidotomy are different have have already been done  . The
> difference was considerable . IT affected the whole brain not just
> the the pallidus .

Best ,

   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+