The best med that I've used for low back pain is "Alleve"  which is the
over the counter version of "Naprosin" .  It is one of those
non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.  If u have stomach problems with
aspirin this may not work for u.  I always try to take with food.
The only problem with Alleve, is that the tablets I have are light blue
and elliptical in shape-- dead ringers for a Sinemet 25/250!!

My back has been acting up so I've been taking Alleve- it really helps,
but it takes a bit to build up in your system.  The best relief I get
when the PD fairy is directing some extra spasms to the sore spot,  is
to lie down on carpeted floor and drape my lower legs over something
just high enough so  that it holds my buns slightly off floor. Be sure
that your but is  right up against the prop so your upper legs are at
90% to your torso, and your legs should be bent at 90% at the knees over
top of prop .   I find this takes all the stress and strain off your
back and gives the muscles a chance to relax and break the cycle of
spasms.   I have found heat does not help as much as ice. Why, because a
sore back is always a new set of spasms and pain as new inflammation
occurs.  U want to get the back as mechanically loose as possible, and
then ice pack for an hour to bring down the existing  inflammation.  The
next day as u warm up is the time to use heat packs or a hot rub to help
loosen things up and bring better circulation to area to help healing.

People question me on the use of ice, and my only example is big league
baseball pitchers, esp the older ones, as soon as the game is over, the
arm all the way to the arm pit is in the special ice buckets.  it may
not feel as good as heat, but it is the only way to keep down
inflammation, and subsequent pain and immobility  of the muscles.

                                Steve 52/16