Dear Ken,
I used to live in the desert southwest.  There is a bug out there called a date
bug.  Even more disgusting  than a palmetto bug.  You might try this for an
afternoon cocktail.  I found one of these gastly creatures in my bathtub one
day.  I flushed it down the toilet only to return 20 minutes later to see it
crawling back out.  In desparation, having run out of raid, I poured some liquid
draino on it.  Lo and behold, it dissolved completely.  I think this with a
little ice in the blender could make a long cool one for those warm days in
Florida.  (you could substitute palmeto for date bugs.)  they are made of the
same stuff.
Jennifer