Dear List contributors and readers,

   I am writing to share with all of you something very, very special.
   I believe that a truly miraculous telephone call has come through to
me.

   Yesterday afternoon, Tuesday, February 22, 1999, at 4:39 PM,
Archbishop Desmond TUTU, Nobel Peace Prize winner from South Africa, and
distinguished guest in Theology at Emory University in Atlanta at this
time, called me, here at my home.  I was in my bedroom, just getting up
from resting. Earlier, I had been to the neighboring town of Falmouth, to
teach an anatomy class at the High School.  The topic was the fossilized
bones of African human ancestors.

 Archbishop Tutu and I talked about World Parkinson's Day, April 11,and
about our lives as PWP's. He asked me to write to him.  He led me in
prayer.

 No more than two minutes before he called me, I had been talking to
Maryhelen Davila of Phoenix, and of our LIst, about how I had telephoned
Archbishop Tutu's personal secretary at Emory last Thursday morning,
February 18, assisted by one of my Personal Care Attendants.

  Now I am wondering if special prayer services for those who are
struggling against  Parkinson's Disease might develop on April 11. I am
hoping and praying that Archbishop Tutu might be able to help us somehow,
on that day. I do not know what his schedule will allow, nor where he
will be.

  Please contact me if you wish, or post to this List.

  Sincerely,

 Ivan Mfowethu Suzman
 Portland Maine   49 now/39 at diagnosis/36 first visible symptoms