Dear Friends-- I have signed a number of internet petitions on various
subjects. The latest one was about the subjection of women by the Taliban
in Afghanistan, and after I sent it to a number of people, I got a response
saying NOT to do that--because"internet signatures are basically
worthless"---and that there were "real" petitions which could be printed
out, then actually signed and postal-mailed to the appropriate places.   I
proceded to go that route, from  one of 2 websites where the petition was
available (Amnesty International, and the Feminist Majority in this case ).
I wonder if the same may be true of the petition you brought to our
attention?  It does make sense to me that *actual* signatures may carry
more weight.  In any case the request NOT to do it *virtually* came from
Brandeis U. where the petition had originated. The websites below were
given as sources of further info if you are interested.  Please note that I
am NOT questioning your intentions, or saying this petition is a fraud. I
was just interested in the suggestion that such things are basically wasted
effort.
Sometimes our good intentions don't produce the results we hope for, it seems !

ROB AND JANET WROTE:
>I found this to very important.  I hope you take the time to sign the
>petition and help our voice to be heard.
>
>I'm participating in an Internet campaign to stop a regulation which
>would require your bank to spy on you, and I'd like to invite you to
>join me.

       Camilla Flintermann,                             <[log in to unmask]>

 http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/camilla/one.htm  My Home Page

             "  Knowing when to insist, and when to let be,
               is,perhaps, a lifetime learning experience  ."
                              --Mary McCurry