Don phoned me tonight, asking me to explain what's going on with him.. He
has not been really well, and the stress of worrying about his daughter's
illness hasn't helped.  He said his doc thought he should get off the
list--I told him"no way !"-----he says that the only friends he has now are
this list-family,  and he hopes he doesn't upset people when he gets
confused.  (Or as he puts it, "when I am in another world".)
Don's other daughter got him a fancy new computer, but she is off on a
lecture tour and can't help him get it going yet.  It was she who sent the
brief note to the list saying he was OK.
Don said he's still NOT going to use a wheelchair because, "I gotta be me!"
and plans to paint his floors !
This guy is near indestructible, and we are his family, so I told him we
miss and think of and worry about him, and he says hello to everyone.  He
may not be able to get email messages till his daughter returns.

        Camilla Flintermann                                      Oxford,OH

                              "In all beginnings, endings lie enfolded,
                                     implicit and invisible as roots."

                                   from: "Leaving the Garden"--CHF