Dear Mr. Gordon;
It has come to my attention that there is a bill before the House that
would add a charge equivalent to a long distance charge each time we
access the Internet.  Since I already have to pay a long distance
charge when I access the Internet, as do many others, I find this
unreasonable and inexcusable.
I already pay a BASIC fee for phone service that runs right at $39.00
a month.  We should have free access to the Internet since we are also
paying monthly fees to our Internet provider and, as I previously noted,
some of us already pay long distance charges due to the areas we live
in and the lack of local access numbers for our providers.  I know
that my
phone company has posted pretty significant profits for the last few
years and most of the larger ones have also.
I am a Parkinson's Caregiver and rely on the Internet to stay in touch
with other Caregivers and Patients.  The Internet for my particular
patient, is his only access to and interface with other Parkinson's
patients and, is a key element to his well being.
I urge YOU, and hope you influence others, to VOTE NO on this bill.
Please consider the "Little People".  Those on FIXED INCOMES,
HOUSE-BOUND INDIVIDUALS, whose only freedom is the Internet, and MOST
IMPORTANT OF ALL those people that are suffering from DISEASES and IN
PARTICULAR the INCURABLE DISEASES.  They find SUPPORT, RELIEF and HOPE
through contacts and friendships made on the Internet.
There is much good done through the Internet, why should this be taken
from the reach of the groups most in need of access?  Has our
Government become so insensitive to the needs and rights of the
individual?
PLEASE VOTE NO and INFLUENCE OTHERS AS WELL.  Prove to us that we do
count.  Do something positive that helps us all.  Sincerely,
Ms. Byrna D. [log in to unmask] Blackey Bandy Road
Bethpage, TN 37022-9100615-943-7378