Camilla:

You are very correct in catching this as a rumor/hoax. This thing
will just not die......probably since many people will react to
this type of post rather than take 10 minutes to check it out.

See also website

http://urbanlegends.miningco.com/library/weekly/aa012099.htm?pid=2733&cob=home

for this and other rumors, hoax and others......Jack