At 10:06 AM 2/23/99 -0800, Abi Murthy wrote:

>Last week she fell down in the bathroom with Dad, when
>she was helping him get up from the chair after his
>bath.  Dad was ok and Mom was hurting more than him, she
>was more bruised and shaken than anything else.
>
>She obviously does not have/know any of the techniques to
>help lift/assist someone.  She is small (5ft, 120lb) and
>Dad is about 6ft and has a large frame, eventhough he is
>skinny now.  Something that shows her how to help Dad get up
>etc. with pictures would be good.  A video would be
>great.

Abi, the National Parkinson Foundation's brochure that I commented upon
last week,_Fitness Counts_ deals with caregivers assisting in
lifting/transfering
pwp's.  What you want to look at is Chapter 7 "Care Partner Body Mechanics"
pages 42-46. You can get a free copy of _Fitness Counts_ by 'phoneing the
NPF at 1-800-327-4545

Sid Roberts   69/4               Youngstown,Ohio