hi all

At 19:25 1999/02/25 -0500, camilla wrote:
>Dear , dear friends--I am troubled .  This post is NOT directed at any
>individual, but as a  general reminder to all of us that we are free to
>disagree, but personal criticisms or flames, as Barb Patterson has
>requested , do not belong on the list.

i agree
i do believe that personal attacks
are the only thing 'restricted' or controlled here

> Please remember that "the whole world is watching" now that the list's
>most recent 200 posts are always on the web for all to see!

i think this aspect of john cottingham's site
has been over-emphasized
i doubt that our messages will end up on yahoo's front page!

>If you must "yell" at someone, please do it off list,  so the
>atmosphere of contentiousness does not prevail again.  We have
>been doing so well of late---let's not lose it !

we are a virtual family
families fight and laugh and yell and weep and hug
so what?
we can share and maybe learn something from each other
'polite' for appearance's sake doesn't carry too much weight with me

janet
struggling to type while enduring a profound 'hormone off'
but that is secondary to my sending this message in

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada
<http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm>