hi all

At 10:57 1999/02/26 EST, karen wrote:
>I would like to introduce myself.   I joined this list because my
>67 year old father was just diagnosed with PD.  So far he only his
>hands shake.  Although he has excellent health care, I thought that
>I could learn a little bit about how he can cope with PD from others
>who deal with it daily better then from some book or Doctor.
>Any suggestions for someone who was just diagnosed with PD?
>Thanks for your help!!!

i'm glad your father has excellent health care
and hope that it continues

sadly there is a lot of general ignorance about pd out in the real world
and we have to learn to be our best advocates
in dealing with pd as it progresses

and
2. "Psychosocial Factors In The Treatment Of Parkinsons Disease"
[search the archives using PSYCHOSOCIAL FACTORS] at:
     <http://james.parkinsons.org.uk/>

and
3. "The Young Parkinson's Handbook"
by Arlette Johnson and originally printed by
     The American Parkinson Disease Foundation at:
     <http://www.apdaparkinson.com/>
and at the Harvard neurological site:
     The Parkinson's Web
     <http://pdweb.mgh.harvard.edu/>

you can also search our gold-mine of archived messages
[every message ever sent in since november 1993]
for specifics such as the nicotine patch

if you need any help with searching
just let me know

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada
<http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm>