Friends--those who want to send a mesaage to Archbishop Tutu must act
quickly--he will review our posts next Wed., March 3.
Quickest way is to email Barb Patterson, and she will collect and forward
them. Send to list or to her offlist.  Here's her post again:

******
Since Archbishop Desmond Tutu has agreed to publicize World Parkinson's
Day, let's supply him with the words, the hopes, the dreads that we, who
suffer from Parkinson's or who care for those who do, want the world to
know.  He is already praying for us (I'm not a religious person but
prayers from Archbishop Tutu can't hurt!).  Let's give him the words to
speak for us.

There are three ways to send him this:  post your message to the list
with the subject line "World Parkinson's Day"; send it offlist to me
again with the same subject line; or, snail mail to the following address

Archbishop Desmond Tutu
BIshop's Hall
Box 23
Emory University
Atlanta Georgia 30322

The only problem with the 'snailmail' address is that he is going to
review our submissions on March 3, which, if your mail system is as slow
as Canada Post, does not leave enough time for a letter to get to him.

Perhaps, after we have compiled all of the responses, we could encourage
individuals to bombard their local press, radio and tv media with his/her
message about pd.  Let's keep pd in the face of the public so people like
Judith's friend, Joe, won't have died in vain and the horror story of his
suffering and death will not be repeated ever again!

Barb

Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing