The attachment problem continues to get worse.  On another List to
which I belong, someone inadvertently sent a "worm" (an executable
file like a virus but which, in some ways, is worse, because it
attaches itself to the outgoing e-mail of the recipient) as an
attachment and scores of Listmembers were "infected".  Some are still
trying to get rid of the file from their systems.

"Worms" and viruses come from executable files (.exe and .com).  They
can get to people only as attachments.  This List needs to *prohibit*
attachments and there are apparently ways to automatically bounce
messages which contain attachments.  If Listmembers will not adhere
to the rules (against sending attachments), they should be warned
once and then dropped from the List.

The people on the other List (for brain tumor victims) have not yet
recovered from the "worm" file, all because somebody sent an
attachment!  The lack of responsibility of some people (who refuse to
listen) disturbs me.  If someone is mentally functional enough to use
a computer, they have enough functionality to follow the rules which
are made to protect the rest of the List.

Sorry if I am so strong about this, but I cannot afford to have my
system crashed due to someone's disregard.

Best,

Bob

ROBERT A. FINK, M. D., F.A.C.S.
Neurological Surgery
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, CA  94704-2636  USA
Phone:  (510) 849-2555   FAX:  (510) 849-2557

WWW:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/>

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"