Linda writes:

> Maybe someone who uses Windows 98 could help Don try to figure out how to
> send messages without attachments.  I would, but I've had absolute no
> experience with Windows 98.  I'm sure it would be much appreciated, and we
> all miss Don & his messages.
>
> Linda  cg Ben 69/5

It has nothing to do with Windows 98 or any other kind of Windows.
It is in the mailer, usually Outlook or Outlook Express.  Microsoft
has set the default so that HTML attachments are sent.  This is part
of their plan to "take over" the Internet, which was originally based
on a pure text format.

As I have posted multiple times here before (and have posted to Don
privately in the past but he has responded negatively to me), one has
to re-set the default in the mailer.  With Outlook, one goes to
Options/Sending, and selects "Send Plain Text Only".

If anyone here thinks that re-setting a default is a difficult
problem, just wait until someone gets a virus or "worm" from opening
an attachment.

Best,

Bob

ROBERT A. FINK, M. D., F.A.C.S.
Neurological Surgery
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, CA  94704-2636  USA
Phone:  (510) 849-2555   FAX:  (510) 849-2557

WWW:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/>

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"