Hi Howard,
you wrote...
> Someone gave me this bit of info concerning whether a given computer is
> compatible with Y2K, so I thought I'd pass it on:
>
> Find the "calendar" in your program.  Open it and set the date and time to
> 11:55 PM on 11 -31-99.
Ain't no 31 days in November Howard...........try 12-31-99
> Turn the computer off and let it sit for 15 minutes.
> Reopen the computer and check the time.  If it says 12:10, 1-1-2000, all is
> probably OK.
It ain't gonna say 12:10 AM ever!!  Howard........... Have you tried
this???
> But if time and/or date is NOT correct, you
> are well advised to seek out your local Computer Shop, and ask their advice
> about installing a "fix."
Careful Howard.....the List Police are apt t' think you run a
Computer Shop!!

> Howard

Howard, I say jus' set it back t' Jan. 1st. 1980 'n ya got 20 years
t' raise the money fer a new 'puter!!

In the meantime you can "monitor" this list and enjoy the Palmetto
Bug Saga, the magnets, the maggots, etc.

If ya got a good 'nuf 'magination ya can close yer eyes 'n picture
Ken whirling around in clouds of Palmetto Bugs, stuck to his fan, and
Bruce squintin' over his sniper rifle tryin' t' shoot out the Off/On
switch!!  (Bruce does trigger my sense of humour)

Have a good 'un.................Murray