The side rails on the bed were ONLY removed after the STATE of MN said that
they must be removed.........Legislation has been passed in MN mandating this
change (I believe due to deaths in nursing homes in CA).

Any of you involved with current/future nursing home situations might want to
check to see what your state IS DOING about this at the current time......it
would be easier to prevent this legislation than it would be to UNDO this
legislation.

We were VERY HAPPY with siderails on Mother's bed until about a month
ago......

Unfortunately, state inspectors are sometimes blind to anything except the
letter of the law (as they interpret it!!!).  In fact.....my sister by the
inspector......that if we were concerned about mother falling, we could have a
special mattress for her on the floor!

Rita Weeks