Abi, I thought I woud pass along a fewe things that helped when my father was
in the same predicament as yours, I am posting to the list, as it might help
some others too. He used a shower stall instead of the bathtub.         I removed the
glass door and put up a plastic shower curtain, also we installed grab bars in
the shower and right outside the shower to help avoid falls. A thick soft rug
over the tile floor made it safer in case of a fall.  I installed a flexible
shower hose in place of the fixed shower head, it was able to be hooked lower
on the wall, we put a special chair in the shower, so he could sit there and
the shower moved around him.  We put the best light fixtures we could for
strong light with no glare, for dad and his caregivers.  Bars made from wood
closet poles, mounted to the walls with television antenna mounting standoffs,
made a hand rail from the bathroom to the bedroom.  The best way is to avoid
falls, whenever possible.  If showers/baths can be scheduled to take place
when an extra person is around to help in an emergency, it is better than to
say "shower time is at 8 AM" for example. When mom had to hire helpers, she
had to make sure they were strong enough to lift dad, without hurting
themselves! I hope this helps.
Ken B