Harold, my mention of aspirin was one 5 grain uncoated tablet at the
first sign of a heart attack. Then off to the hospital immediately. I
did not have one, but thought I was, it did not do any harm. I was
having a great deal of pain in both jaws and down the inside of my right
arm. Turns out it was another  heart condition, however they were going
to give me aspirin when I arrived, and congratulated me for taking it
myself.

As to cholesterol, you never can tell, mine was about 150 with a very
good ratio but there was 70% obstruction and I now have a stent, for
which I take enteric coated aspirin every day. It costs nothing to keep
uncoated aspirin on hand. It is fast.

Stents sure are easier than a bypass. Nita