Gina, .

I am saddened at your reaction to Ivan's plea. He was filled with such awe and
wonder that a major world figure should have spoken to him personally. Should
have called him , himself, not a secretary - to speak to Ivan, one person to
another.  WHo am I , he said to me, that such greatness should stoop to talk
to me" He felt himself to be G-d's instrument - that he was blessed to be able
to bring about an association between the archbishop and the cause of Parkinsons.

And that is not the only time Ivan was blessed that weekend. He had been very
sick with an infected tooth that spread its infection through his whole system
He couldnt take antibiotics, because they interfered with the pd meds. And on
Saturday morning he was afraid he would have to be hospitalised. At synagogue
that morning, I asked my rabbi to add ivan's name to the list of those for
whom a prayer was said  to heal the sick - Ivan did not know. I called him
that afternoon, and he said he had been feeling very ill - and then about
11am, the illness just lifted and he was feeling wonderful  THe power of
prayer - the Lord , I believe has blessed him for a reason.

Ivan was perplexed at the lack of  response to this wonderful opportunity to
have our cause linked with this Nobel prize winner, who has brought peaceful
solutions to the people of Southern africa -  an almost impossible task - yet
he achieved i t - and Ivan saw that nobody cared enough to even respond.  Why
could this be ? THe only thing he could think of - probably  as a result of
his own treatment by the list - was that prejudice played a part - and Ivan
has been the victim of prejudice more than once - and not only for being gay -
and so he tentatively questioned - could colour be part of it?

Please don't accuse Ivan of bigotry - think of this as a great and wonderful
gift he is giving us - despite the way we have treated him!

Hilary Blue