Dear friends,

  With special thanks to the Seeses, to Hilary, and to many others,

  I am writing because I wish to help us to move forward together as a PD
community.
Gina, Bruce, and anyone else, I am very sorry if you were hurt by my
words.  Please,
let's harness our wonderful energies positively for the benefit of all of
us.

   Words like trash and delete really hurt me initially.  After a while,
they seem like anger that
has been transferred from somewhere and misplaced.  And PD certainly
makes it hard to
be even-tempered.  I hope that we can protect the most vulnerable among
us.

I mentioned color only because it came to mind as one of several
explanations
for some of the hesitancy in responding to my posts about  Archbishop
Tutu.
  I   am glad that your thoughts and feelings are coming out.  I
unintendedly
 steered off-course by using the word color.  Maybe I should have said
that some
of us are less familiar with his background, and were not ready to
respond without
being better informed about his views and his accomplishments.

  I guess the best advice I can give anyone is to make contacts in
whatever way
you feel is best.  You could start by calling or writing the Emory
University
 Department of Theology in Atlanta. That seems to have been the right
choice for me.

  I shared what I experienced when I lived in South Africa, and I have
written to Archbishoip
Tutu both about my hope to eradicate painful and sometimes fatal
 dopamine deficiency diseases like PD, and
about my continued activities to help to overcome the pain of apartheid..

  I just want to close with a prayer for the Archbishop.  He has many
demands
upon him, and I do not yet know how much space and quiet he needs to
function
and survive.  I am still leaving it to God, and am thankful that I am
here to help.

  Ivan Mfowethu Suzman