Janet,

While I have not researched the literature on this,  I don't know of
B-12 being used successfully for treatment of anything but pernicious
anemia. Years ago primary care doctors often gave B-12 shots like a
tonic for people who felt "run down" but that practice has been pretty
much stopped.  Pernicious anemia can cause neuropathy and dementia and
can be easily ruled out by asking the Dr. to draw a B-12 level (Blood
test).  Usually unless there is an anemia present PA is unlikely-  but
it is possible.  It is reasonable to ask the Doctor to check the B-12
most physicians will not give B-12 injections in the absence of a PA
diagnosis.

--
Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.
Middleton (Madison), Wisconsin