In a E-mail last week I referred to significant funding allocated to
research in disease prevention. I have since found out that the funds
involved will be channeled through what is being called CANADIAN
iNSTITUTES FOR HEALTH RESEARCH ( CHIR ). Yesterday the secretariat for
this new entity set up an interesting and detailed ( 54 pages!) web site
which is worth browsing after clicking in at < www.cihr.org >. Much to
my surprise this Ottawa-based group has been meeting for the past 6
months and has already tentative plans to spend some $240 million over
the next three years on projects in the areas of cancer, heart disease,
diabetes, alzheimer's, arthritis, etc. but nothing pinpointed so far for
Parkinson's.

Is anyone already in touch with CIHR??

Ken Clements        65/2