This is to let everybody know that I've just done some updating of the page
I maintain with information about graduate programs for students finishing
degrees in English who don't particularly want to go on to, or don't see
much hope in, traditional graduate programs in literary study.

It's at

     http://www.stthomasu.ca/hunt/rhetpgms/

These are programs in rhetoric, applied linguistics, and so forth, at
Canadian universities and US universities with "Canadian connections."  The
programs currently listed are, as the list stands now, at these
universities:

     Laurentian University (Sudbury, Ontario)
     Carnegie-Mellon University (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
     Waterloo University (Waterloo, Ontario)
     DePaul University (Chicago, Illinois)
     Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, British Columbia)
     The University of Calgary (Calgary, Alberta)
     Carleton University (Ottawa, Ontario)
     Pennsylvania State University (State College, Pennsylvania)
     Ohio State University (Columbus, Ohio)

I'd be happy to have anyone update any of these listings (some of them are
over a year old), or give me information on other programs that should be
listed.

If you know of students looking for graduate programs, this would be a
reasonable place to start, because there are actual human beings to contact.

                                        -- Russ