Date: 24 Feb 1999 08:10:10 -0800
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: failed delivery

Message from  yahoo.com.
Unable to deliver message to the following address(es).

Sorry, I couldn't find any host named listserv.utotonto.ca. (#5.1.2)

--- Original message follows.

Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 08:05:52 -0800 (PST)
From: Byrna Hylander <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Phone Charges to Access Internet
To: Bart Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: "PWP Care List \(1.8d\)" <[log in to unmask]>,
  "PWP List" <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Mr. Gordon;
It has come to my attention that here is a bill before the House that
would add a charge equivalent to a long distance charge each time we
access the Internet.  Since I already have to pay a long distance
charge when I access the Internet as do many others I find this
unreasonable and inexcusable.

I already pay a BASIC fee for phone service that runs right at $39.00
a month.  We should have free access to the Internet since we are also
paying monthly fees to our Internet provider and as I previously noted
some of us already pay long distance charges due to the areas we live
in and lack of local access numbers for our providers.  I know that my
phone company has posted pretty significant profits for the last few
years and most of the larger ones have also.

I am a Parkinson's Caregiver and rely on the Internet to stay in touch
with other Caregivers and Patients.  The Internet for my particular
patient is his only access to and interface with other Parkinson's
patients and is a key element to his well being.

I urge YOU and hope you influence others to VOTE NO on this bill.
Please consider the "Little People".  Those on FIXED INCOMES,
HOUSE-BOUND INDIVIDUALS, whose only freedom is the Internet, and MOST
IMPORTANT OF ALL those people that are suffering from DISEASES and IN
PARTICULAR the INCURABLE DISEASES.  They find SUPPORT, RELIEF and HOPE
through contacts and friendships made on the Internet.

There is much good done through the Internet, why should this be taken
from the reach of the groups most in need of access?  Has our
Government become so insensitive to the needs and rights of the
individual?

PLEASE VOTE NO and INFLUENCE OTHERS AS WELL.  Prove to us that we do
count.  Do something positive that helps us all.

Sincerely,

Ms. Byrna D. Hylander
136 Blackey Bandy Road
Bethpage, TN 37022-9100