Hi All,
This is my first response to something that Ivan wrote.  Must be his style
of writing that manages a reaction from someone every time he puts pen to
paper / finger to keyboard.
Ivan, I think we all saw your messages with regards to Archbishop Tutu.  We
also understood the messages.  The reaction you got was the reaction you
got.
You do not have to market or sell it further than that, and PLEASE keep to
your own promises.  I quote: "So, I am keeping my fingers crossed that I am
doing this job sensitively."  Maybe you need to uncross and then cross your
fingers again.
I am not going to react about your response about the issue that we might
have about the Bishop's color.  What the hell (heaven?) has that to do with
anything?  Your next 'marketing' letter could probably mention something
about his sexual preferences, or his smoking habits, eating habits, sense of
humour(and he has a good one), etc, until everything is very well
pigeon-holed.  And then what?  Everything is not Black or White, Cowboy or
Crook, Wrong or Right.  Remember the expression that reads something like:
"There is so much Bad in the Best of us, and so much Good in the Worst of
us, that it behoves All of us not to talk about the Rest of us"  I am not
criticising you - I am however taking exception to the emotional blackmail
that you are exposing us to (When we feel guilty you might get better
reaction?).
If we as P'sWP can end up in a better position with the assistance of Bishop
Tutu, then good for us, and I will do all I can to help.
I have a bit of a problem on a personal level however, and that is the fact
that (here we go with the Religion Thing again) we might run the risk to use
Bishop Tutu as a crutch - someone to talk to God to, on our behalf.  The
Bishop is not - by being the Archbishop - one imperial inch closer to God
than you or me.  I have a personal relationship with my God which is
elevated above religious denominations.  My prayers have the same
power/effect/etc.  I might die before he does and might therefore even reach
Heaven before he does.  This is not an attempt to downplay the Archbishop,
or the Anglican Church, and I am not trying to soften the effect that you
experienced by having Bishop Tutu phone you, which must have been wonderful.

By the same token will I obviously agree that the more "celebrities" we can
get to support us the better - and if this is the reason for the contact
with Bishop Tutu, then you have my support.
Putting my personal problem aside I wish you all of the best and I hope that
you reach your goal.
Regards,
Gerrit Kleynscheldt

Tel:    021 947 8918    (International  +27 21 947 8918)
Fax:    021 947 1521    (International  +27 21 947 1521)

Please note the following:
Because e-mail can be altered electronically,
the integrity of this communication cannot be guaranteed.