Dear Phil,
I felt the same way about the article.   My husband read it too and all
he could say was that it was really sad.  He enjoyed the article about
Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner a lot more.  I think the one about PD did not
do PWP as much good as it could have if it was written in a less abstract
sense.  I think articles like this tend to cloud the issue in the minds
of people who are not personally involved in this disease.  I also think
that calling it a "condition" is minimizing its devastating effects.  Not
everyone can deal with this disease as flippantly as this man does.
Jennifer