I read the article in Mar/Apr 99 issue of Modern Maturity by D. Keith Mano
and like Phil, had trouble understanding how the author could seem to be so
accepting of the problems caused by "Bert".  My guess is that Mr. Mano
is/has been angry like anyone who is diagnosed with a chronic illness, but
that over time has decided to make lemonade from his lemon.....and being an
author he wrote about Parkinson's and used a writing technique of
personification to lighten the seriousness of the condition.  I have heard
persons who have arthritis complain about "Arthur" causing them difficulty
in moving and I guess I could name my pd Bertha and complain about her when
I'm having trouble moving.  The only problem with that scenario is that
someone overhearing me talking to Bertha may think I'm hallucinating or
worse!!!

Jeanette Fuhr 48/47/44?