Camilla,
II didn't see the original posting on this so I'm replying to you.  I'm sure
you're just dying to get more mail,, so here you are.
 I've had lots of experience with excessive saliva--no, drooling--following my
second (bilateral) pallidotomy.  I don't know whether it's really a matter of
excessive saliva or inability to hold it--I think it's both--but I found a few
things which helped.   I accidentally tripped on one solution--i.e meds which
have a side effect of drying you out internally.  The most effective for me,
in this regard. is imipramine, brand name tofranil, which is used as a mild
antidepressant and to dry you out, for other reasons.  II also tried robinall.
a mild tranquilizer but it wasn't as effective for me.  Anyone with this
problem should, of course, talk to their neuro's about meds but these are
suggested meds that they can ask their neuro about.  The other, more
consistently effective measure was to chew gum--yeah, that simple.  Apparently
the act of chewing makes you more diligent about the task of removing
(excessive amounts of) saliva from your mouth.  I think that it was more
effective when I chewed big pieces of gum (chaws)  This can be a
considertiaion if you chew sugarless gum--eg trident which comes in small
pieces, so you might want to chew 2 at a time.  Good luck.
Marty Polonsky