I've been taking Sinemet and selegiline for almost 3 yrs and have been
plagued by  severe irregularity ever since.  There  was some minor
sluggishness prior to the meds but nothing like now.  Each increase in
Sinemet required an increase in laxatives to stay regular.  I started
Tasmar last fall because my PD symptoms were worsening and was rewarded
with a dramatic reduction in unwanted symptoms.  However, it was
necessary to double my laxative intake.  Reducing the Sinemet and
selegiline helped very little.  I'm now taking powdered senna and
lactulose daily with some Milk of Magnesia occasionally.  All other
laxatives have little or no effect in maintaining daily regularity.  I
am not seeking a list of laxatives to try as I've tried a lot and these
get the job done and are relatively safe.

I think my problem is more the meds, and not as much the PD.  I even
have trouble with aspirin.  I'd like to know if others have experienced
this particular drug side effect.  And do the specs that list chronic
constipation as a PD symptom say it's really from the drugs?

Lou Waldorf
Onset 57-58, dx 62, 65