Hopkins Q&A: Healthy Lifestyle Necessary For Individuals Using
Wheelchairs

BALTIMORE -- The battle of the bulge is one Americans face
regularly -- and lose all too often.  While we may think it's the
waistbands of our jeans that pay the price, the real toll is
taken on our hearts.  For those of us who use wheelchairs, it is
even harder to keep our weight at healthy levels and to keep our
cardiovascular system fit and healthy.  The same rules apply --
eat right and get plenty of aerobic exercise -- but those who use
wheelchairs may have to get their exercise in different ways.  In
this InteliHealth interview, Nathan J. Rudin, M.D., assistant
professor of physical medicine and rehabilitation at the Johns
Hopkins Medical Institutions, offers some suggestions for a
healthy lifestyle -- and they apply to everyone, not just those
using wheelchairs.

<A HREF="http://www.intelihealth.com/enews?212580">
http://www.intelihealth.com/enews?212580</A>
_