I am a caregiver for my dear friend (66/4) Muriel. She has been
diagnosed with Parkinsonism (possibly striatonigral degneration). Lately
she has been much troubled with her fingers closing on her hand so that
she has a fist instead of an operating hand. This makes it difficult to
hold  anything. When she tries to pry open her fingers she has
considerable pain and difficulty.She is wondering whether the problem is
arthritis or a Parkinson problem. Does anyone have any knowledge or
experience with this problem. Any information would be greatly
appreciated. Thank you for your thoughts. David Silverman