Well said Camilla,

I support the project regardless of its origins and agree that we should
keep our personal differences from dominating the discussion.  I- like
you Camilla have had my differences with Ivan, but if things are as they
appear,  I salute Ivan for his idea and initiative and especially for-
as it appears- taking himself out of the spotlight so the project can be
free of the controversy its presentation initially stirred up.  The lack
of initial enthusiasm  had nothing to do with the high regard most of us
hold Bishop Tutu and if he is willing to participate I could think of no
one better.

And Gerrit I think the different ways we may choose to worship (or not
worship) as the case may be-  has little to do with the fact that a man
held in esteem by most of the world as a moral leader may be willing (I
Hope) to provide the focus to unite the members PD community- each with
our own beliefs (or non-beliefs)- in prayer or reflection. I don't think
it implies belief in the necessity of an intervener between God and
man.  (That is my view and I would certainly respect your right to
dissent)

Unity is the key here regardless of whose idea it was or what our
religious beliefs, color, sexual preference, nationality are- or what PD
organization we belong to.  We unite to call on a higher power either
within or outside of ourselves, to give us the strength to live with
Parkinson's Disease and to eventually find a cure.

Charlie

--
Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.
Middleton (Madison), Wisconsin